Why a co-op preschool?
Co-op preschools benefit children, parents and the community. Taking part in a co-op preschool allows you to be involved directly with your child’s early education and learn alongside your child. Your child will always know that education is important in your family, because you live it everyday. Most importantly, choosing a cooperative preschool gives you extra time to bond with your child and create memories together.
- Gain the ability to relate to and communicate with other children, as well as adults outside their family before entering kindergarten.
- Experience a variety of play equipment, expressive materials, and media, resulting in a positive attitude towards learning.
- Gain self-esteem and life-long learning skills.
- Don't wonder what your child is really up to at school - see it!
- Get insight into child behavior by observing other children.
- Observe how other parents and the professional teachers handle various situations, leading to greater understanding and enjoyment of your child.
- Share your experiences and expertise with others while working together in a cooperative setting.
- Learn useful ideas for helping your child at home and in the world around them.
- Through your committee role, you can learn about administration, running meetings and other skills useful in other areas your life.
- Gain an increased awareness of the role of education in developing an effective and satisfying family life.
- Get extra time to bond with your child and create memories together!
- Build stronger and more connected communities through the extended family you and your child build through life-long friendships.
- Bring the strong sense of responsibility and positive self worth that develops as part of the co-op experience back into the community.
- Allow more families in the community to give their children an early education because it's more affordable - leading to better prepared kindergarteners and better performing students long term.